Apprentices learn all aspects of Plumbing and Steamfitting for commercial, industrial and residential construction.
Applications are accepted the last Tuesday of every month from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm at our office.
Each apprentice prospect must apply in person.
Each applicant must provide:
- Active, Valid California Drivers License with Picture.
- Social Security Card.
- High School Diploma or GED – this is a requirement for our program.
- Proof of Citizenship or Legal Work Status
Once the application is completed, the applicant will be scheduled to take a math test. This test is a timed test with 50 written math and reading based questions. An applicant must score a minimum of 76% to pass.
Upon successful completion of the skills test, the applicant will be scheduled for an interview. The interview is based on questions that will give us an insight into whether an applicant is suitable for the trade and can successfully complete the training. At this time, the applicant is given an opportunity to ask questions.
An applicant will be rated according to the outcome of their interview and placed on our availability to work list.
This list is fluid; the top person on the list is the person with the highest rating received after the interview process. Therefore, while an applicant could be number one for a time, a new round of candidates might be rated higher and bump the applicant’s place on the list. This is done so that Local 364 has the best possible candidates available at all times. An applicant will remain on the list for two years.
Potential apprentices will be brought in when we have employment available. Schooling will start at the beginning of the next semester.
Training is free. Classes are two nights a week. Hours of instruction are 6:00PM to 9:30PM. We also have daytime training for 1st and 2nd year apprentices. We offer normal semesters with summers off. All books and materials are furnished at no cost to you. All terms and conditions of your apprenticeship agreement must be adhered to for continued participation in the program. Raises are provided yearly.
- Apprentices with no experience begin at a wage rate of either $20.98 or $22.47 an hour, depending on trade.
- Jobs more than 50 miles from the Local Office will pay Travel/Subsistence of $56.00 a day.
- Many projects can offer overtime and weekend work. Overtime is paid at 1 1/2 times the wage for up to 10 hours a day and double time thereafter.
- Saturdays are 1 ½ times the wage for the first 10 hours and double time thereafter.
- Sundays and Holidays are double time.