Apprentices learn all aspects of Plumbing and Steamfitting for commercial, industrial and residential construction.
- Applications are accepted on the last Tuesday of each month, between 1-4 pm.
- Each applicant must provide an EMAIL and phone number in order to simplify future contact.
- Upon Completion of the Local 364 Application, an entrance exam will be Scheduled for each applicant.
- Dates and times will vary for each exam.
- Applicants must arrive early to sign-in prior to the scheduled start time.
- Applicants will NOT be allowed to use calculators or cell phones during the exam.
- The exam will consist of 50 questions, including math and reading based questions.
- Applicants must score a minimum of 76% to obtain a scheduled interview.
- Applicants who fail the entrance exam 3 times must wait a minimum of 6 calendar months in order to retest.
- Applicants must provide the following original documentation at their scheduled interview:
- Valid California Driver License
- Social Security Card
- High School Diploma/GED or sealed official school transcripts (A requirement for the Apprenticeship Program).
- Birth Certificate; Proof of citizenship or Legal Work Status
- MILITARY ONLY: DD-214
- Applicants must arrive 15 minutes early to sign-in prior to their scheduled interview.
- The interview panel will consist of Local 364 Business Representatives who will ask various trade and work-related questions.
- Applicants are encouraged to bring original certifications, letters from employers, and any other trade related training or personal related documentation, to help further describe their work performance and qualifications.
- Upon completion of the interview, applicants will be evaluated and rated based on the collective impute from the Representatives conducting the interview and placed in a “pool” or group of eligible applicants.
- Potential Apprentices will be initiated from the pool of eligible applicants and will start school at the beginning of the school semester.
- Employment will be based on the availability of work and specified criteria given by the contractor requesting Apprentices.
- Successful completion of both the Entrance Exam and Interview does not guarantee an applicant’s initiation. Employment availability is the chief determining factor on when an applicant will be initiated.